Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Free

I came across this picture while visiting a friend's Facebook page. It inspired me so much that I cried. To me this picture represents all that I am working to accomplish.

The sculpture, Freedom Sculpture, by Zenos Frudakis is located at 16th and Vine street in Philidelphia, Pennsylvania.

In the first frame of the sculpture the woman is trapped in what I identify as unhappiness, defeat, failure, etc. She uses her faith and her will to begin to break out of her circumstances. In the third frame she appears to fight her way out of her current position with every ounce of strength she has.  Which leads to the fourth frame, which is a stance of freedom. She never gave up.

Click here, to read about the artist's motivation in creating this piece, and to see more of his inspiring work.

What mold do you need to break out of? What are you fighting for? I hope that this picture inspires you while you are on your journey towards freedom, as it has me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kizzy! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://www.mamaliciousnoire.com/2011/10/14/in-praise-and-support-of-each-other/

    ReplyDelete